Sunday 21 October 2012

That fateful day, captured

So my friends, here is the moment, captured in time, of me singing Folsom Prison Blues at my daughter's 5th Birthday Party in May 2012.

The photographer was John Hamilton, now our singer and guitarist. What was going through his mind at this time? Here is someone who should be in an indie folk band with me? Here is my future lyricist? If I invite him to play with me, will he stop traumatising the children? We shall never know unless he adds to this blog.

Not long after this John and I had our first jam. Before then I had a baby doll to cut in half for the magic section of my show. I kid you not.

I bet Johnny Cash never did that.



Convicts are more forgiving. Nick giving it the Folsom Prison Blues. May 2012. Photo: John Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment